RENO, Nev. (News 4 & Fox eleven) — Russell Lehmann becomes diagnosed with autism at the age of 12.
Today, at the Sundance Bookstore in Midtown, he spoke to a crowd approximately his new e book “On the Outside Looking In.”
Lehmann says he has been living in Reno, Nevada, for the ultimate ten years, but spends most of his time traveling.
During his travels, Lehmann wants to be a voice for people who feel unheard. His new e-book, according to Lehmann, is a raw and transparent observe his existence’s difficulties and how he overcame them.
After studying this e book, he hopes humans will locate the braveness to locate their passion and make their mark on the world no matter their difficulties.
Russell Lehmann has been internationally recognized as a poet, writer, motivational speaker and advise.
He has served as a council member for the Autism Society of America and sat at the Nevada Governor’s Council on Development Disabilities. Currently, Lehmann is the Youth Ambassador for Mayor Hillary Schieve.
Lehmann’s books are presently in bookstores national and if you would like to understand more approximately Lehmann you
First of all, you need to understand that every baby with autism is specific, you have to find out their likes, dislikes, strengths, and weaknesses. Let the child manual you at the start. Start with what the kid can do and build on what the child cannot do. Tie the difficulty you are teaching to the child’s hobbies as often as feasible.
2. Children with autism have difficulty in using language; they tend to be visual newbies and auditory novices. You can use PEC playing cards, flash playing cards, letter tiles, and social stories for teaching visual newcomers. Auditory newcomers paintings quality with audio tapes, CDs, films, lectures, conversation devices, and tune. Here’s an editorial approximately a way to make flashcards for autistic children.
Three. It’s important to follow the time table strictly, due to the fact a smash inside the daily time table of autistic kids will seriously spoil their day.
4. Do a multisensory approach. Work on patterns, use colored blocks and string styles and many others.
Five. Music has been confirmed to assist children with autism study.
6. You need to have plenty of endurance, talk slowly and genuinely and if the child does no longer answer or respond, then say it again in a distinct manner till he does. Build as much as new matters a little at a time, till you building up to him learning the behavior. Be repetitive.
7. There are some books that enable parents: Great Ideas for Teaching or Raising Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders; Ten Things Your Student With Autism Wishes You Knew & Ten Things Every Child With Autism Wishes You Knew by using award-winning author Ellen Notbohm.
Eight. Make learning a laugh with the aid of giving masses of reward when the child is doing well.
9. Get some assist both via a nearby middle or your local school district, which could refer your child for some offerings.
10. Learn about Sensory Issues. Sensory troubles are one in every of the most important problems in autistic children.